Monday, June 29, 2009

Paige Warren: Holding Down the Fort

So while Miranda is away on a vacation this week, she left me with a couple assignments to work on. I'm currently in the middle of working on Sala's (Sydney's character's) pajamas and trying to think of more ways to make the illusive 'bra trick' work as well as researching different potential narrator hats.

Last week she asked me to look up "too cool for school" hairdos for Sala which was great! I'm a huge fan of Harajuku fashions (particularly Decora and EGL) so I realized a lot of those styles, which are based on little girl hairstyles, would work really well on Sala. I happen to have the Fruits and Fresh Fruits books which I went through, marking the styles that would work for Sydney, and passed the research off to Miranda.

This process has already been really rewarding and I'm eager to get back to work on the pj's. I am a little anxious since I'll be speaking in Miranda's place for her at this Sunday's production meeting but I know I don't have too much to be worried about since everyone's always been really nice and welcoming at the meetings. Next week we're really gonna dive right into building, shopping for, and painting more of the pieces as we get closer to tech week.

*Paige*

No comments: