Monday, June 8, 2009

After The Quake: Russ Woron-Simons

Hi! I'm Russell Woron-Simons. I am a native of Brookline and a rising senior at Vassar College. My double majors of Classics and Drama, as well as membership in various student-run organizations, keep me pretty busy during the school year. This summer I am very excited to be the marketing Intern for Company One!

So far my efforts have focused on getting the word out about “After the Quake”. I’ve been drafting letters and emails reaching out to different communities in Boston. I’m really trying to get people excited about the show, and am hoping to help build Company One’s reputation as a source of theatrical inspiration and thought.

I have also been handing out postcards on the street. (My job is very glamorous!) Actually, I’ve found passing out the cards has been pretty rewarding! The massive stack of cards are quickly dispersed and people seem glad to get them! And they read them! And ask questions! It has been fun to talk with all sorts of people about the play and Company One -- and I've met some really unusual people in the process.

I just began my internship a week or so ago… looking forward to seeing how else I can help as the “After the Quake” grows closer.

No comments: