Friday, June 12, 2009

After The Quake: Jessica Hegarty

Hi all! I’m going to start with an introduction, which seems to be the trend. My name is Jessica and this coming fall I will be a junior at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. I’m majoring in theater and minoring in french out there in the valley and cannot express how excited I am to be back in the city and working with such a great company. Originally from the north shore, I’ve been doing theater since the age of nine and really just love everything about it. For this production I will be serving as the Production Assistant and also as the House Manager.

For me, I really just love theater. I knew I couldn’t spend another summer working in a tiny kitchen without air conditioning, pretending that I didn’t miss the stage. Well, let’s just say things seem to be working out better than I ever could have hoped. Being a production assistant is really the perfect way to just dive right in and get a great hands on experience. I change my mind every day about what career I want to pursue in theater and just being able to see all aspects, jobs I didn’t even know existed, is truly an amazing experience. So thanks Company One for making that happen :). But if you want the specifics, I
am in rehearsals, helping as much as I can. I tend to stick with the stage management team, assisting them primarily. I also work in the office at times helping with general company needs.

As far as House Managing goes, well I’ll be the one to answer your questions when you come and see this fabulous show :). I’ll be connecting with the stage managers and making sure the show starts when it’s supposed to and that you all find your seats. Front of house is going to be a new experience for me, but I’m excited to learn and try something new.

I hope you all are getting excited for this show; it’s really coming along and I think you’ll enjoy it. I look forward to blogging with y’all a bit more!

Happy theatering! <3
Jessica

No comments: