Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Russ likes Japanese food...

The show is getting closer!! That means a lot of running around for me. In the last few weeks I’ve made some follow up e-mails and phone calls to businesses and clubs in the Boston area that expressed interest in either coming to the show, or buying advertising. Most restaurants that I called were really fun to contact for a couple reasons. First, the people even if they couldn’t make a commitment on the phone seemed genuinely interested in the show. Secondly, I came to realize just how many family- owned Japanese restaurants there are in Boston. Sometimes there was a bit of a language barrier and it was cool to be able to get our message out there despite temporary obstacles! It makes you realize how many small, family-owned companies make an imprint in our city. Third, it reminded me of just how much I love Japanese food.

This week however I start postering and leaving postcards at businesses all around Boston. That way, when someone is waiting to get their hair cut wondering what to do on July 17 there is a poster/postcard right there. This is also great because the owners of the establishments ask about the show, any of their customers also ask, and the word is spread!

So hopefully by Wednesday there will be a green poster with a frog on it saying AFTER THE QUAKE everywhere you go.

-Russ

No comments: