Tuesday, June 9, 2009

After The Quake: Alycia Marucci

I suppose I should introduce myself since this is my first blog entry. I am Alycia, the second assistant stage manager for After the Quake. This is my first time blogging, so we will see how it goes. Ummm…

I am super excited to be working with Company One for the first time! I am having an amazing time in rehearsal, everyone who is here is fantastic, the attitude in rehearsal in incredibly low-key, and yet we still manage to focus and move forward really well.

We are a little over a week into rehearsal at this point. We finished blocking the show yesterday, and we are going to begin reworking scenes tomorrow morning. So far everything is going along smoothly, we are working with props and are partially off book so we are doing well.

We had to change rehearsal spaces because we had a morning rehearsal today, which meant we had to bring the props from our normal rehearsal space to the BCA studio in the south end. I must say I felt slightly ridiculous carrying 90’s cordless phone, an empty sprite can around in my bag all day.

I hope that was a good first blog entry! I would write more now except that my foot is falling asleep and I feel as though I should attend to the situation. More to come next week!

-Alycia

No comments: