Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The arch takes flight!

Hello again!

Sorry for the absence, I know you all have been sitting on the edge of your seats to hear back from me and your waiting hasn’t been for nothing. In my absence we survived through tech week and opened the show to great success! Tech week was as stressful as it normally is but the good thing about a week long load-in was that it gave us time to really iron out all the little bugs on the set.

My project with the arch went…well. Differently than I originally planned, but with some creative problem solving and brain storming with Mark we managed to get it flying. Instead of using the rigging system I originally planned to use, we found out that safety cables worked much better and allowed us to adjust the height and placement a lot easier than rigging it with airline cable.

This was a fun production to work on, and I think we all did the best we possibly could and created something special and unique. When I watched the final dress I was taken aback by how far we came from the first production meeting. There were many ideas tossed around, some made it to the final product, some didn’t. But everything that did, came together beautifully and I don’t think the show would have been as powerful if it did not have all its pieces. I don’t want to give too much away about the story, set, or music, but I will say that every one of you should go see the show. I want you to see the world that we have created and to immerse your self into the story that is being told. I’m very proud of what we have produced here and I would like to thank Company One for giving me this opportunity as well as Mark for everything he has taught me as his assistant.

-Nick

No comments: