Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Alycia Marucci, a frog?

Hello again everyone!

Another week down, and I am happy to report that we have made great progress since I last posted. This week has been subject to run-thru's and long work lists of very specific moments. Its working out very well though, the scene between Sayoko and Junpei in college changed a lot this week, and now the moments in that scene are clearer than ever.

I got to play Frog this week! Well, sort of. Mike was not in rehearsal on Monday, so we worked around most of the Frog and Narrator moments, but we had to work a couple of transitions with music, so it was necessary to know the specific timing of the onstage frog to narrator quick change, which means of course that I was asked to put on an overly large mens green jacket, white gloves and the narrator hat. It was pretty hilarious I think, the jacket pretty much swallowed me. I also always feel badly when I have to stand in during scenes, because usually all of the actors are forced to adjust to the fact that I am much shorter than their usual scene partner. If I could I would remedy the situation by wearing super awesome platform shoes, or boots or something, but alas, I am not equipped with such luxuries.

We have the weekend off of rehearsal for the fourth of July, so we will be 4 days away from the show after Wednesday night's run-thru. Usually something falls apart when you take that many days off from a show, so we will see what happens. I am hoping though, that enough has solidified in the last couple of days, and we worked moments specifically enough so that everyone will be able to fall back into it when we come back from the break...and before we know it we will be in tech! I love tech, its my favorite part of the rehearsal process because it moves both the fastest and slowest of all the rehearsals throughout the whole production process. More to come next week!

Alycia

No comments: