Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Tech...Dress...Costumes...

So I just got home from rehearsal tonight and today's was the closest it's been to the final production. We've been doing tech all week but the second run today was with all the lights in the house out and everyone watched it as if they were just an audience. It was great!

Parts that were pretty funny in rehearsal were hilarious this time around and there were little bits here and there that the actors changed, like intonations and expressions, that were great! It really felt like it was coming together. Backstage, it definitely is. We added green to Frog yesterday and after the additions of some snaps, velcro, patches, and other little things, there's not too much left to do. The Big Bear hat might change before opening but really, everything is coming together. Even the bra trick is usually fast enough! Searching for the right top for Giselle was pretty tough and overall, I think most of the shopping time went to that but the top she has now is perfect and I'm glad the color works well for Sayoko, even if it wasn't what was originally planned.

The musicians have their costumes now too and they look great! The style is great on them and the color ties in well with the set without hiding them. Commuting to and from rehearsal every night this week has been a little tougher than I would have hoped but I've learned my way around Boston and the Mass Pike pretty well, which is an unexpected perk. I think my favorite part of this whole experience has been Sydney's comment about her pajamas. It's always nice to hear that a costume you worked on is an actor's "most favorite costume ever" (and she looks adorable in it). I'm really looking forward to hearing what my friends and family think of the show after it opens.

*Paige*

No comments: