Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sabrina Sydnor, Marketing Associate

Hello Readers, seasoned Company One fans and those soon to be!

My name is Sabrina and I am the newest addition to the Marketing team here @ C1. I’m going to cut right to the chase — “The Overwhelming” starts in less than a month now and I couldn’t be more excited to get people over to the BCA to see this amazing piece of theatre. As a Marketing Associate, my primary involvement is getting the word out to the masses and I think C1 has really stepped it up with their use of video trailers for each show. On September 29th, many hands of the cast, crew and creative, rallied around videographer, Jordan Harrison, to compile a concise yet incredibly gripping glimpse in to the world of the play.

This being my first foray in to the creation of the video trailer, I was incredibly impressed by the angles, themes and dialogue carefully chosen to capture the piece in two short minutes. I am extremely excited to see how the video trailer effects the overall outcome of the piece - not just from a Marketing/Sales stand point but also, how much the audience is already aware of the world of the play when they arrive. It’s tremendously exciting to work with a company that utilizes the growing trends in a “you-tubed” generation and uses them to draw in a new audience to live theatre. The power of multi-media marketing is here folks, and IT'S HAPPENING at Company One.

-Sabrina

No comments: