Saturday, July 3, 2010

Interview with castmember Yurie Collins

What is the first fairytale you remember reading? Why?
Rapunzel. My dad used to tell it to me before I went to bed. He used to read me a bunch of stories, but Rapunzel was always my favorite.


What do you remember most about that story?
When I hear the story now, like many fairy tales, I realize how morbid and quite disturbing the plot line is. But I wonder if I noticed any of that when I heard the story at such a young age. And now I'm wondering if parents expose their kids to these stories on purpose.


How do you connect to the stories of GRIMM?
I feel like the original Grimm fairy tales have found a way to cling onto everyone's minds, especially if you grew up reading them or hearing your parents tell them to you. I'm pretty sure I'm the same way. That's one way how Company One's re-written GRIMM stories can play tricks on you. You're so used to the plot line, until the highlighted and emphasized details make you realize "Woh. That was written for kids?"


What's the most potent lesson in a fairtytale for you?
Don't wait around for some traveling prince.

No comments: