Tuesday, July 1, 2008

We've moved in!

Last night - a run for the first time in the actual theater space...wow. Walking out of the theater I realized that I have never been so moved in a rehearsal, nor have I ever been this thrilled to show something to an audience.

Granted, we haven't gotten our notes, so things may have gone horribly wrong and I just don't know it yet- but for me, this was something special. Everyone was on their game, and in the same vein as McCaela from the last entry, I will list what struck me.

Mason's Byck monologues were incredibly natural, settled in his voice and body, thought provoking and hysterical. Blake took Zangara up a notch, moving me to near tears as he pleaded with Oswald at the end of the show. Ed and Meredith's Czolgosz/Emma Goldman scene was heartbreakingly beautiful and real. Jeff and Nathanael rocked their Guiteau and Hinckley, stealing the show with their comic timing, intense physicality, and limitless emotional range. The ladies, McCaela and Liz, were riotously funny in their scenes, bringing a deep humanity to two of the craziest characters in the production. David and J-Popp's Booth/Oswald scene was on fire, and Chris was the most frustrating, hard-to-conquer stage enemy (as in his Proprietor vs. my Balladeer) I've ever had the pleasure of performing with.

Again, I could very well be in my own little bubble of excitement here, but I'm 99.99% sure that a lot of things were clicking and popping, and it is for allowing me to experience that magic that I, from the bottom of my heart of hearts, take a moment now to thank everyone involved. This is a blessing, a blessing, a blessing. I am having so much fun working alongside every person on this team, and each rehearsal is bringing with it tons and tons more to jump up and scream about.

Less than two weeks till opening night. I hope that whoever is reading this out there in Internet Land is excited for this, and that they will enjoy this crazy show as much as I am already. Yay.

-Nik

No comments: